Scrumy, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "our company") provides Scrumy, a platform for streamlining software development operations.
Our company recognizes that the protection of users' data and information security is important and we are committed to it.
Title 1: General Provisions
2. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
3. Management of Personal Information and Others
- (1) Our company will endeavor to keep personal, historical, and attribute information (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information and Others") accurate and up-to-date, as well as taking necessary and appropriate measures to protect it from unauthorized access, alterations, leakages, loss, or damage.
- (2) Our company will pay the utmost attention to managing information handled by Scrumy.
- (3) Our company restricts the access of Personal Information and Others only to employees who need it to perform their duties. Additionally, when employees manage Personal Information and Others, they are supervised to make sure they are handling it safely.
Title 2: Personal Information Handling Policy
4. Limitations on the Collection of Personal Information
- (1) Our company will not collect personal information such as the user's name, home address, workplace, and email address through Scrumy.
- (2) When our partner (i.e. a company that uses Scrumy) uses Scrumy, we will form a Scrumy use agreement with the partner and they will be entrusted with necessary personal information for the use of Scrumy.
5. Purpose of use of Personal Information
Our company may use users' personal information for the following purposes, within the scope of the entrustment of the handling of personal information by our partners.
- (1) For our company or partners to analyze the attributes and preferences of users and to display or send optimized content and advertisements via advertisements, email, SMS, online chat, and browser notifications.
- (2) For our company or partners to accurately understand the contents of inquiries and to send responses.
- (3) To monitor users' fraudulent activities.
- (4) For the creation of analogous information and statistical information such as attributes. Additionally, when our company creates such information, we will anonymize it so that individuals cannot be identified.
- (5) For our partners to replay visitor behavior as well as to view, record, and analyze data necessary to identify the cause of system problems and to improve services provided by partners.
6. Prohibition of Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Our company will not disclose personal information to third parties without the consent fo the user, except in the following cases.
- (1) When the provision of personal information to a third party is permitted by law or without the consent of the user in accordance to Article 23, Paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Act.
- (2) When our company entrusts necessary personal information for the reason above.
- (3) When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to reasons such as a merger.
7. Policies When our Company is Entrusted with Duties Related to Personal Information
- (2) Our company will make clear the intentions of use of the personal information (hereinafter referred to as "Scrumy usage agreement"), as well as following them appropriately. Our company will not handle personal information outside this scope.
- (3) Our company will receive appropriate supervision from the partner the personal information has been entrusted to.
8. Supervision of Contractors
To achieve the purpose described in Section 6, our company may outsource all or parts of duties related to partners' personal information to a third party (such as an email delivery service provider). In this case, we will select the third party in accordance with the Personal Information Act, will conclude a contract including confidentiality, and will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision to ensure the third party manages personal information safely.
9. Deletion of Personal Information
Upon the termination of the Scrumy usage agreement, we will delete personal information provided by the partner within 90 days.
10. Disclosure and correction of Personal Information
When our company receives a request for disclosure, correction, deletion, or suspension of use of personal information by the user themselves, we will investigate the request within a reasonable time period and in accordance with the law, upon verification of the user. Please note that our company will charge a handling fee in such cases.
Title 3: Policies for Handling Historical and Attribute Information
11. Collection of Historical and Attribute Information
- (1) When our company provides Scrumy to partners, we will collect historical and attribute information of users who visit websites or applications operated by partners. Additionally, the cookies we generate as reference for browsing, activity, and purchase history cannot be used to identify users. We retain cookies for a maximum period of two years from the date the user last accessed the website.
- (2) Our company may collect historical and attribute information from third parties that operate advertising networks.
12. Purpose of Use of Historical and Attribute Information
Our company may use users' historical and attribute information for the following purposes.
- (1) For the purposes set forth in Section 5.
- (2) To measure and improve the effectiveness of our, and our partners', services, advertising, and marketing.
- (3) To analyze the market and for marketing.
- (4) To improve our services and develop new services.
13. Prohibition of Provision of Historical and Attribute Information to Third Parties
14. Supervision of Contractors
To achieve the purpose set forth in Section 12, our company may outsource all or parts of the duties related to handling historical and attribute information to third parties. In this case, our company will appropriately select the third party with the purpose of protecting the information in mind, sign a contract which includes confidentiality with the third party, and appropriately supervise the entrusted party to ensure safe management of historical and attribute information.
15. Suspension of Collection of Historical and Attribute Information
- (1) Our company will provide users with a means to stop the collection of the user's historical and demographic information. Once this suspension has been set, our company will not collect any historical or attribute information of the user.
- (2) The suspension of the collections of historical and attribute information as described previously must be performed for each browser or device used by the user. Please note that after the suspension has been set, our company will not collect any historical or attribute information, however, if this is set by deleting cookies or other device settings, the collection may resume.
Title 4: Supplementation
The changes will take effect one week after our company announces it on the website.
1-22-11-2 Ginza Chuo-Ward,
Tokyo, 104-0061 Japan
- （※1）"Cookie" refers to a text file that identifies the computer device used by the user, without identifying the user. Cookies are stored on a device through the user's browser. Cookies do not identify the user but is commonly used by many websites to use browsing history information and such to operate and improve the website as well as optimizing content (including text, sound, images, video, and software).
- （※2）"User agent" refers to information that is automatically sent by the browser to identify the browser and device used without identifying the user.
- （※3）"Referrer" refers to the URL of the page from which a link originates. This URL is automatically sent by the browser when a user moves from one web page to another.
Date of Establishment: December 1, 2021
Scrumy Inc. Chief Executive Officer